Can you spare an hour or two a week? We are looking for volunteers to help deliver hot meals at lunchtimes (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays) in the local area, Sheringham, Cromer and Holt. Mileage is paid!
Please contact us on 01263 821188 for further information.
OUR GREEN PLEDGE
Age Concern North Norfolk recognise the role we play in shaping our local environment and our community - for both our customers and future generations. Our goal is to promote sustainability and environmental awareness amongst our Trustees, staff, volunteers and customers; to do what we can to make positive steps to support our environment. We understand that this is a journey, but many small steps can lead to great change when taken together. We commit to:
- Recognise the role our Trustees play in making environmentally aware decisions and promoting environmental awareness from the top down.
- Source supplies locally to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Make sure the environment, and our impact on it, is always part of the conversation.
- Encouraging Trustees, staff, volunteers and customers to make environmentally conscious decisions in their professional and personal lives.
So far we have:
· Purchased a larger recycling bin for our centre to encourage & enable further recycling.
· Arranged for food waste to be composted locally.
· Utilise FoodShare items to incorporate into the centre menu to reduce waste.
· Grown plants from seeds which now grow around the centre.
· Recycled our ink cartridges.
· Arranged with our cleaner to sort through centre waste bins to ensure anything that can be recycled, is recycled.
· Donate unused equipment to a local mobility shop, run car boot sales and arrange for furniture to be donated, so as to avoid these items going to waste.
· Up-cycled an old dresser into a shabby-chic cupboard.